Litleo is just one of many new Pokemon added to Pokemon GO when Niantic brought Pokemon from the Kalos region. Players have noticed the interesting evolution patterns of the Lion Cub Pokemon. Even in the main series games, Litleo had two different variants when evolving.
Litleo and his evolution entered the sixth generation of the main series of Pokemon games. Many Pokemon GO players who skipped the series might not know how to get Pyroar.
How does the evolution of Litleo work in Pokemon GO?
In Pokemon GO, players looking to evolve their Litleo will first need to collect the required Candies. Litleo evolves through the use of Litleo Candies which are granted whenever the player walks with Litleo as an assigned Buddy Pokémon or catches a wild Litleo. Once the quantity of candies obtained, the player can then evolve his Litleo.
Pyroar is one of the few Pokemon in Pokemon GO that looks completely different when it evolves based on its gender. While the method of evolution remains the same between genders, the visual design varies greatly. Male Pyroars are easily distinguished by the large, fiery mane that surrounds their face. Pyroar females are determined in much the same way, except that rather than a mane, their hair is just one long strand on top of their head and down their back. For players wanting one version over another, they would only need to evolve the specific gender of the form they desire.
Additional information: Pyroar
For players looking to use Pyroar in Raid Battles or in Pokemon GO’s competitive Battle League, here are some helpful tips to keep in mind.
- Pyroar is the first and only Fire- and Normal-type Pokémon.
- Pyroar is weak against Rock, Water, Ground and Fighting type attacks
- Pyroar resists Bug, Steel, Fire, Grass, Ice, Fairy, and Ghost type attacks.
- Pyroar has a maximum combat power of 2,767
- Pyroar has an attack stat of 221, a defense stat of 149, and a stamina stat of 200
- Despite their different appearance, male and female Pyroar are identical in terms of stats, combat power, and the moves they learn.